Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Linkfest 6

Well, I've had a pretty intense last few weeks, between the whole Airport fiasco and moving up to NC for grad school, so take this as a teaser, with a full update hopefully coming soon.

I found this site with some free wargame rules, and plenty of battle reports. Well written and quite interesting, so go ahead and check out Damned Human Race - Miniature War Gaming

Here's an unrelated but possibly quite useful tool. Stun your audience, players, or victims by knowing the impact effects of a meteor or asteroid hitting the Earth. Cataclysm or romantic night out? Will we fall into a hundred year winter, or will the planet simply go kablooey? Well, in much more technical terms than that of course, but....

Also, I feel a need to share the wealth. Have you read any Zelazny yet? If not, then go ahead and try out the first book of his epic Amber series, Roger Zelazny. Nine Princes In Amber.

Now here's something that you might not have seen, or even known, that Robert E. Howard, best known as the creator of classic pulp characters such as Conan, Solomon Kane, and Bran Mak Morn, was also a prolific poet. Actually Howard scholars will know this, but for the rest of you, I would like to give you a little taste of what he had to offer, so here's a link to a website that has many of his poems for you to enjoy.

While we're in a artistic and musical mode here, Zooey Deschanel stars and sings in the new music video by She and Him, "Why do you let me stay here".

For you BSG fans....we have a trailer for Caprica! Wooooo! Hopefully that'll keep us from going into total withdrawl when BSG ends.

And simply because this is so totally awesome, I just have to link this. A little late, I know, but it's there. The Great Office War.

Also, here's a nice little tidbit written by a friend of mine on how to Mod Firefox. Useful for the less tech savvy of us.

Finally, something I should have done already. I'm adding in Gunnerkrigg Court to the webcomics list. I'm also thinking of taking several off due to inactivity. Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should leave them on for sentimental reasons or take them off to reduce clutter?

No comments: