Saturday, June 14, 2008

BSG: 410 Revelations

"All of this has happened before-"
"But it doesn't have to happen again."

Wow! Just....wow. If you haven't already guessed, this is SPOILER TERRITORY to beware!



First off, we have some stunning acting by, well, everyone. Secondly, there was so much plot and story there that it almost felt like I had just watched two episodes, at least. The parts with Saul Tigh waiting to be flushed out the airlock and yelling at Lee Adama to get the balls to push the button really cemented his character. Vulgar, proud, and always ready to do his duty. The reaction by Admiral Adama after Saul's revelation, just as priceless.

Although the "Run Starbuck, Run!" sequence seemed a bit forced to me, they've got telephones for a reason dammit!

Beautiful shots of everyone, the couples with their cylon hybrid children(still a loose plot end in my opinion), and it's amazing how much they squeezed in with only an hours worth of screen time. Also, poor Gaeta, at least Dee is being nice to him. But this is not the time for me to go into a Gaeta/Dee OTP rant, so lets move on.

As for the end, I think my friend said it best. "MY HEAD IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!" (check out her nonfiction writing by the way over at hubpages by the way) My personal opinion on their touchdown site is New York, anyone else have any ideas? Since the skyline isn't exactly, uhm...helpful. Anyways, I think it's a well deserved WHAT THE FRAK moment, but in a good way.

No comments: